1814 MAGAZINE is a limited edition, bi annual publication that focuses on photography, design, art, and culture.

1814 MAGAZINE is dedicated to providing a unique platform for established and emerging artists.

1814 MAGAZINE strives to combine the best in both words and images from some of the greatest photographers and artists of the 20th and 21st century. Recent issues have included such celebrated artists as E.O. Hoppe, Massimo Vitali, Eudora Welty, Bernard Faucon, Donna DeMari, Karlheinz Weinberger as well as Henry Horenstein, Wang Qinsong, Vivian Maier, Georges Dambier, Christer Stromholm, Edward Ruscha, Yves Marchand & Romaine Meffre, Antony Armstrong Jones, Paulina Otylie Surys, Chris Stein, Mel Roberts, and Alexander Gronsky. Known for its clean gallery type presentation and unusual juxtapositions, 1814 MAGAZINE both mirrors and encourages the evolution of photography, art and culture.


R & B - Documenting the frenzy and beauty of music… - Photographs by Bruce Talamon from his forthcoming book - Words by Bruce Talamon

"Isaac Hayes during the filming of the movie Wattstax at the Los Angeles Coliseum in 1972. This photograph holds a special significance for me because it was the first R & B photograph I ever shot. No credentials… No photo pass… By the end of the concert I had worked my way onto the stage, three feet away from Isaac. It never entered my mind that someone would remove me because I did not have the proper credentials. At that moment I knew that this was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I was home." - Bruce Talamon

www.1814mag.com