1814 MAGAZINE is a limited edition, bi annual publication that focuses on photography, design, art, and culture.

1814 MAGAZINE is dedicated to providing a unique platform for established and emerging artists.

1814 MAGAZINE strives to combine the best in both words and images from some of the greatest photographers and artists of the 20th and 21st century. Recent issues have included such celebrated artists as E.O. Hoppe, Massimo Vitali, Eudora Welty, Bernard Faucon, Donna DeMari, Karlheinz Weinberger as well as Henry Horenstein, Wang Qinsong, Vivian Maier, Georges Dambier, Christer Stromholm, Edward Ruscha, Yves Marchand & Romaine Meffre, Antony Armstrong Jones, Paulina Otylie Surys, Chris Stein, Mel Roberts, and Alexander Gronsky. Known for its clean gallery type presentation and unusual juxtapositions, 1814 MAGAZINE both mirrors and encourages the evolution of photography, art and culture.


Notes On Baroque Living - The multiple personalities of Colette Lumiere - Words, Artwork, Photographs by Colette the Artist

Persona, Colette (birth name), 1970 - 1978

'I create a landscape and become a part of it.' - Colette, 1974

C: Colette is my birth name, inspired by the French author, whom I was named after, I dropped my last name when I began at an early age my art adventure.

In the early 70's I began using the streets as my canvas anonymously... sometimes the police would show up. Simultaneuosly, I was transforming my living space into an inner sculpture. All walls, etc. would be covered with soft fabrics including the furniture... My works soon found its way into prestigious galleries and museums, and gained international recognition. Since I was interested in reaching as many people as possible on as many levels as possible, I continued to exhibit my works in alternative spaces: streets, shop windows, nightclubs...

www.1814mag.com